We’re Open For Business!
For those of you who missed the update on our homepage, workshops, in small group sizes, we are still running and business hours have not been affected.
However please note that in view of the recent Novel Coronavirus, those who attend workshops are advised to:
- Temperature check at home prior to arrival at CMW
- Bring face masks which must be worn at all times
- If your child is unwell, please contact our staff and we will arrange a makeup date before term ends for any workshops missed.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream Ticket Sales
Tickets were originally planned to go on sale February 7th, however due to the current situation in Hong Kong, the date for ticket sales has not yet been confirmed.
Keep an eye on our website, Facebook and Instagram page for confirmation of when you can book your seat to our smash hit musical.
Looking for a Mentor?
Let Colour My World guide you to success in the year of the Rat.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to work alongside Frederique Decombe in her series of Mentor programmes. Get professional guidance from her team of practicing artists. Subjects range from painting to illustration, sculpture and textile, filmmaking and photography, and graphic art.
Mentor Studio (13 yrs +)
Work directly with our Mentors to successfully conceptualise, evaluate and execute personalised outcomes. Reinforce your course work and personal projects, and let out experts guide you from conceptualisation to a documented sketchbook or journal.
- With a focus on IGCSE, GCSE, IB, A-Level, AP Level, and school and university applications.
- Guidance and instruction on a range of techniques including 2D, 3D, and new media.
- Broaden your knowledge of art history and artistic concepts.
- From initial concept to the production of a final portfolio.
Portfolio Building (13 yrs +)
Whether you’re getting ready to apply to art school or an interview, our Mentors will help you fulfil specific portfolio requirements.
- Our Mentors have extensive knowledge in building a body of work for universities and art colleges.
- Personal coaching and development to present your collection of work in an engaging and professional way.
Places are limited and are based on a first come, first served basis. Check out the Visual Arts page on our website for more info.
Join Colour My World as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary
Yes, that’s right, Colour My World has been expanding and collaborating with artistic minds since 2000. Over the coming months we will be marking this milestone in a variety of exciting ways, including our 20th Anniversary production, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Director, Daryl Walker, has said that ‘everything from the acting to designing the sets is coming together’ and that ‘the performers are doing some great things that they can’t wait to show you’. Colour My World’s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream will take place on March 14th and 15th 2020 at Y-Studio, Youth Square in Chai Wan. This pop musical of Dream resonates our 2005 production performed at dusk in Hong Kong Park. Tickets going on sale at URBTIX starting from 7 Feb 2020!
In other news, we have some amazing collaborations coming up, including Art Basel, where we will be hosting art tours and activities at the UBS Junior Art Hub. Stay tuned for more info!
Last but not least, don’t forget to check out our Chinese New Year workshops. We have some fantastic courses on offer, and more details can be found on our Facebook page and website.
For all the latest news and updates follow our Facebook and Instagram pages, and if you feel inspired by anything you see, leave a comment and we’ll get back to you!