Establishing a Writer’s Habit
Five Top Tips!
The hardest part about being a writer is sitting down to write.
Below are five top tips to help you get that best seller on bookshelves!
1. Schedule a set time each day to write. And write. This could be as little as 15 minutes.
2. Set up a space and use that space for writing only. The muse will turn up, but you have to show up first.
3. No distractions! Turn off the phone, the television, and computer! Write on pen and paper first.
4. Carry a writer’s notebook. Keep it with you at all times. When you have an idea write it down.
5. Ask family and friends to respect your writing schedule. Tell them not disturb you when you work. Encourage them to make you tea and give you snacks.
Written by Mark McPherson